From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] firewall support in genkernel
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:24:47
On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 17:42 +0200, Michiel de Bruijne wrote:
> Hi Gals, Guys, > > I was about to file a request/bug about including iptables support in > genkernel. I noticed someone has filed this report already, but it was closed > as a wontfix almost a year ago. The reason for this was that iptables > shouldn't be forced on users. Personally I don't see building a few extra > modules as forcing something on users, but that's a different debate. > > I can imagine, one year later with new insights and tools, it's now possible > to include (optional) iptables support out of the box with genkernel. If I > file a request/bug will it be closed as a wontfix?
I've started maintaining the genkernel kernel configs pretty much exclusively. I see no problem with iptables support being added. The best would be if you attached a patch against the current configs, as it would be easier on me, as I actually have to apply them to two places (genkernel SVN, and releng kconfigs for 2007.0) for the next release. The main change is that (for at least x86/amd64) we're trying to make the default kernel, which is also used on the LiveCD, as generic as possible and as feature filled as possible. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] firewall support in genkernel Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@×××××××.nl>