From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Fwd: [gentoo-amd64] 2004.3 Testing
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:10:57
1 On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 09:07, John Davis wrote:
2 > Commit them as you find them stable. The specfiles to commit to are at
3 > gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en/releng/docs.
4
5 I'll "generic" them up a bit so they're not x86-specific, since that is
6 all I am working with at the moment.
7
8 > Absolutely :) Setup something in gentoo/src (a releng subdir perhaps?)
9
10 Actually, I went with gentoo-src/releng. I am going to start populating
11 the things that I can into the subdirectories. For one, I will be
12 putting the 2004.2 spec files and kernel config files into their
13 respective directories, but I will also start keeping my 2004.3 things
14 in here. Hopefully, a few more eyes might help me with a couple
15 problems I am having, and any place where someone can think of saving
16 some space without breaking functionality is greatly appreciated.
17
18 > There will be a 1.1.0 after this weekend. I just need to commit one or
19 > two more changes when I get the time. 1.1.0 should rock your world
20 > though ;) Keep an eye out for the ChangeLog.
21
22 Are we talking udev support and both fbsplash and bootsplash? If not,
23 we're going to need to have a "come to Jesus" meeting about what we are
24 really going to provide for 2004.3's release. It looks like we resolved
25 the cascading profiles problem (thanks, Beejay) so we will definitely be
26 pushing that for 2004.3, but I'm not sure of the status of the other
27 two. Unfortunately, bootsplash was removed from 2.6.8 without any
28 notice, so that has kinda been a PITA for me.
31 Chris Gianelloni
32 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
33 Games - Developer
34 Gentoo Linux
35
36 Is your power animal a penguin?