From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-infrastructure@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Historical release archives
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:19:40
1 On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:05:08PM -0500 or thereabouts, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > I just got to thinking and realized we need to decide how far back we
3 > want to keep releases on mirrors. Since we're planning on doing 4
4 > releases per year, its going to get big really fast. I did some checking
5 > around, and our current historical directory is 12GB in size... below
6 > shows how big each arch has. This includes 1.4 releases plus some 1.2
7 > releases.
8
9 I was planning on keeping the current release + 2 older releases available
10 online. The others would be deleted and/or archived somewhere. (I'll be
11 deleting them. If releng wants to take the responsibility of archiving
12 them, that's fine, too)
13
14 We don't have unlimited space on our master mirror, so we do need to be
15 cognizant of space limitations even there. That's what caused the
16 historical/ snafu in the first place.
17
18 --kurt