From: Michael Imhof <tantive@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] BitTorrent release for 2004.3
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:13:07
1 Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 03 November 2004 3:44 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 >>I am trying to gather together materials that we wish to release on the
5 >>official BitTorrent and also on tantive's BitTorrent.
6 >>
7 >>We have a limited amount of space for the official BitTorrent tracker,
8 >>so how we add things is dependent on what we add. I need to get
9 >>anything that we want to torrent out as quickly as possible so we can
10 >>determine our space constraints.
13 > Trackers use very little space... I doubt you'll ever see 100 MB (or maybe
14 > even 10) from a Gentoo-specific tracker. And then, that's only if it is
15 > restricted to certain torrents (which is a good thing ATM)
16 >
17 > Seeding is another issue, but anyone can do that easilly.
18 From my understanding infra is talking about tracker and seeds on one
19 machine. Thats btw. the setup http://tracker.netdomination.org is using.
20
21 This kind of setup gives you some nice features when set up accordingly.
22 You can stop you own seeds if there are enough external seeds available
23 and can be sure that there is a seed if there are no external ones.
26 Regards
27 Michael