From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] ANNOUNCEMENT: Testing phase for 2004.0 begins
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 23:00:30
1 On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 16:53, Jason Wever wrote:
2 > The dependency on needing genkernel for livecd generation is really
3 > hindering and not even needed on sparc or sparc64. Otherwise I could have
4 > had you kernel configs ages ago.
5
6 How is genkernel hindering sparc64? And have you talked to Brad about
7 this?
8
9 > Additionally, making boot loader dependencies modular so that the arch
10 > folks could write them would probably speed things up a lot as we don't
11 > have to bring you up to speed on it.
12
13 Being worked on... things will be sufficiently generic for any arch. If
14 not, I will fix :)
15
16 Regards,
17