From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Release Info (long and thorough)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:07:57
On 12 Feb 2004, at 01:24, Daniel Robbins wrote:

> OK, I don't like the direction this is taking. I'd like to be able to > back you up on your story but I can't. I think Brad's assessment is > correct.
Brad's assessment says we are intentionally -refusing- to commit. I don't like such a theme, and I certainly don't think it is correct. We're doing as much as possible to ensure ppc has a 2004.0 genkernel profile and to ensure 2004.0 is fully build by catalyst. However, it is clear that genkernel in its current form would probably not allow us to update the kde/gnome cd before 2004.0: My request for both an informal genkernel and catalyst status update (on the 2nd of february) are still unanswered. A direct result is that I couldn't tell whether cloop was planned or not. A cd was needed for fosdem (already on the 22nd of february), requested by the store, and hasn't been updated for a long while. I wanted to update the kde/gnome cd, and have reused the same initrd for the other cds, to avoid duplicating work. PPC is fully committed to both genkernel and catalyst (both are excellent products). I am going to create and commit a genkernel profile today. Again, we are not refusing to commit but rather limited in time and manpower. Next time, please ask. Pieter -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list