From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] DVD Releases for 2007.0
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:01:27
1 On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 12:13 -0400, Derek Tracy wrote:
2 > As far as the LiveDVD goes, just keep it light on RAM when the system
3 > is up and running to allow more systems to use it.
4
5 It only uses as much RAM as you choose for it to use. It runs "fine" on
6 128MB of RAM. OK. It *functions* with that much RAM. Really, we're
7 not too interested in supporting low memory systems with the LiveDVD
8 media. We'll make sure it all runs on 256MB, but I won't make any
9 guarantees below that. Of course, if you choose fluxbox for your window
10 manager and only run console apps, it'll definitely use less memory than
11 if you run KDE and 40 Firefox instances. ;]
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
16 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
17 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
18 Gentoo Foundation