From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] livecd + ntp
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 23:54:53
1 Hi Folks,
2
3 I'd like to request that net-misc/ntp be included in 2007.0
4 livecd-stage1-* .specs. The rational being that the first thing I
5 always do when installing a new system is set the clock "by hand" with
6 `date`, unpack the stage3 tarball, chroot, emerge ntp, and then run
7 ntpdate. This is probably a little on the paranoid side but it is
8 _really_ irritating when file mtimes are screwed up. It would be nice
9 to have the entire ntp package or at least the ntpdate binary (static,
10 ~60k) on the livecd. Is this possible?
11
12 Cheers,
13
14 -J