From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86 and ppc stages built
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:41:46
1 On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:38:02 -0700
2 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I've build an x86 and ppc stage1/2/3 and will be uploading them to
5 > "experimental/[arch]/stages/" now. Note that from now on, leads of the
6 > x86 and ppc arches should be arranging for stages to be built using
7 > catalyst. Arch leads (Seemant and pvdabeel/trance) should also arrange
8 > for the current stages I'm uploading to be tested a bunch.
9
10 In the couple runs of test stages I've done on sparc and sparc64, I've
11 noticed that the make.conf that is in the resulting stage tarballs is very
12 stripped down and not at all geared towards new users or people not overly
13 familiar with make.conf. Has anyone seen/fixed this?
16 Jason Wever
17 Gentoo/Sparc Co-Team Lead