From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] So when is it really safe to take a snapshot to use for release?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:00:45
1 On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:44:43 -0500
2 "John Davis" <zhen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Expect this to happen time to time with releases. Since we no longer
5 > have a 'package freeze', issues like this will be encountered.
6
7 Actually we can have a "package freeze" since we can do the portage
8 snapshots with catalyst. This also allows you do decide what versions of
9 packages are part of a release without effecting the regular tree.
10
11 It might also be nice to have a master snapshot for building releases
12 with that incorporates any changes and updates needed, so that we are all
13 on the same page when building.
16 Jason Wever
17 Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead