From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 06:57:27
Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
> On Thu, 2008-01-24 at 16:38 -0800, Chris Gianelloni wrote: >> In the case of Beta and Release, we'll also want to ask people for >> specific information about their environment (hardware, software, etc.) >> that will help us to troubleshoot the issues and focus more energy on >> the worst problems. > > So nobody has *any* ideas, at all for this?
I'd say the list you've provided is already a really good one. We're talking about a live media here, one that hopefully you won't be using for a very long time (between 2 and 48 hours, I'd say). So really, the live media needs basic support for basic hardware : disc controllers and network devices. That's what the list should be focusing on, and that's exactly what your list focuses on :) Let's go with what you've come up with and we'll see if there are major pitfalls along the way. Cheers, Rémi -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list