From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org>
Cc: base-system@g.o, gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for sparc livecd
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:26:23
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:33:15 +0200
Martin Schlemmer <azarah@××××××××××××.org> wrote:

> What is the difference between the two inittab's ? For the other > problem, as you said, just checking if it is a serial console or > not in those script should do it - I am not familiar with serial > console ... can/should we then set the serial console's font and > keymap?
The only difference between the inittabs was that the lines for vc1 through vc6 were commented out. I don't believe you can do keymaps and consolefont on sparcs as a serial console uses the keymap of the program handling the remote end of the serial connection. Also it doesn't seem to have the the ability to handle fonts, though I have not extensively looked into it. -- Jason Wever Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead

Subject Author
[gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for sparc livecd Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>