From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Livecd building with catalyst
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:35:09

Jason Wever wrote:
| On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:04:55 +0100
| Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o> wrote:
|>I just started to build new stages for hppa with catalyst but I don't
|>see any doc for livecd building. How is it done ? Is it yet implemented
|>? If not, I really must be implemented soon because building and testing
|>livecd is _REALLY_ a long/hard/boring task for me.
| I'll second this as this is not a good time of year for people to be at
| the keyboard for the amount of work involved with meeting the proposed
| release date.  And this is assuming we have something that exists that can
| build a livecd from scratch.  I'll do my best however.
| -- Jason Wever
| Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead

As Daniel and Brad stated - the release date is variable, although we
would like to keep it as close to the date that we have set, so there is
no need for concern :)

As arch leads, don't be concerned with livecds and stages at this point.
What you need to be concerned about is getting your arch tree ready for
release and meeting deadline. Releng will take care of making sure that
livecd generation is functional and complete before the release date
comes. When catalyst is ready, releng will inform everyone on what they
need to do to get stages rolled and livecds created - believe me, both
will not be nearly as tedious or time consuming as they were previously.

Another point to note - catalyst is ready to build stages and genkernel
is ready to test. If you have some time, please test both as it will
help releng meet the deadline too.

- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -