From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:50:26
1 Hi,
2
3 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+yROfE0A@××××××××××××.org>:
4 > I'll start us off:
5 >
6 > - Which media did you download? (Minimal, Universal, LiveCD, LiveDVD)
7 > - Did the media pass MD5/SHA1 checks? (If you didn't check, say so.)
8 >
9 > - Does the media boot on your system?
10 > - If not, what errors were reported?
11 > - Did you use any command line options?
12 > - If so, which ones?
13 >
14 > - After boot, were all of your devices detected?
15 > - If not, what was not detected?
16 > - What driver does this device use?
17 > - Is the driver on the media? (Say "don't know" if you're unsure.)
18 >
19 > - Did previous releases work where this one is not?
20 >
21 > - What chipset is your motherboard? IDE? SATA?
22 > - Do you use external controllers for SATA/SAS/SCSI/etc.?
23 > - If so, which ones?
24 > - How much RAM is in your system?
25 > - Did you try to boot with "docache" enabled?
26 > - What video card(s) do you have?
27 > - Was it properly detected?
28 > - Did X start properly?
29
30 > This should be a pretty decent start and give everyone an idea of what
31 > we would be looking for with these checklists. What things do you
32 > think need to be checked for and what information do you think we
33 > would need to properly diagnose any issues?
34
35 About hardware information. I proposed app-admin/hwreport for that,
36 which gathers information from lspci and friends (I attach one to this
37 mail) and tars it up. Some more questions (I never got the call on
38 -core, btw...):
39
40 * Did you try a lot of the software on the live CD/DVD? Did they work
41 fine?
42
43 * Are all links on the desktop working (terminal, Handbook etc.)?
44
45 * Was splash image displayed correctly?
46
47 V-Li
52 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
53 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
54
55 <URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>

test.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip