From: Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 08:50:26

Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2-aBrp7R+bbdUdnm+yROfE0A@××××××××××××.org>:
> I'll start us off: > > - Which media did you download? (Minimal, Universal, LiveCD, LiveDVD) > - Did the media pass MD5/SHA1 checks? (If you didn't check, say so.) > > - Does the media boot on your system? > - If not, what errors were reported? > - Did you use any command line options? > - If so, which ones? > > - After boot, were all of your devices detected? > - If not, what was not detected? > - What driver does this device use? > - Is the driver on the media? (Say "don't know" if you're unsure.) > > - Did previous releases work where this one is not? > > - What chipset is your motherboard? IDE? SATA? > - Do you use external controllers for SATA/SAS/SCSI/etc.? > - If so, which ones? > - How much RAM is in your system? > - Did you try to boot with "docache" enabled? > - What video card(s) do you have? > - Was it properly detected? > - Did X start properly?
> This should be a pretty decent start and give everyone an idea of what > we would be looking for with these checklists. What things do you > think need to be checked for and what information do you think we > would need to properly diagnose any issues?
About hardware information. I proposed app-admin/hwreport for that, which gathers information from lspci and friends (I attach one to this mail) and tars it up. Some more questions (I never got the call on -core, btw...): * Did you try a lot of the software on the live CD/DVD? Did they work fine? * Are all links on the desktop working (terminal, Handbook etc.)? * Was splash image displayed correctly? V-Li -- Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project <URL:>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode <URL:>

File name MIME type
test.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip
signature.asc application/pgp-signature

Subject Author