From: Stephen Steele <steeles1@×××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Release Engineering <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Question on 2006.1
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:59:02
I am currently testing 2006.1 and have a question.

After installing I do an emerge -system and see two packages that block each
other Pam and shadow. I usually just umerge Pam and run emerge -system
again. Why are both packages installed with the core system since they
conflict? I have seen this for the last few releases.

Does anyone have a testing protocol for the Gentoo release 2006.1 or any
previous release that I could use as a guide. I am currently installing
according to the Gentoo x86 Handbook and the Gentoo x86 quick install
without doing emerge --sync.

Currently having a lot of testing fun, just want to do a better job.

Steve Steele