From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, release@g.o
Cc: azarah@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] baselayout 1.8.6.13 broken for livecds
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:46:11
1 well, no one notified me of a 1.8.6.13 release to test before
2 it went stable yesterday. Anyhow, thought you all should be
3 aware that it doesn't work. A preliminary look at the ebuild
4 itself shows these lines:
5
6 dosbin runscript.sh functions.sh
7 use livecd && livecd-functions.sh
8 exeinto /lib/rcscripts/sh
9
10 I am at a loss somewhat as to what it's trying to do, I assume
11 it's supposed to be
12
13 use livecd && dosbin livecd-functions.sh
14
15 instead. As /sbin/livecd-functions.sh was not on the resulting
16 livecd.
17
18 Anyhow, I don't think I have any more time today to do testing
19 on this, so I have no idea if the rc-scripts that gets installed
20 works or not. I know beejay said the patches against 1.8.6.12-r5
21 that were provided to him by Azarah did NOT work, so if this includes
22 those same patches, I assume there is going to be even more work.
23 Anyhow, I'm not touching baselayout again, as I've already taken
24 enough heat off of it.
25
26 I am going to still recommend that those people who need to build
27 livecds make use of baselayout-1.8.6.12-r4 that I had committed,
28 as it is the only one I know of that has been tested and verified
29 to work.
30
31 -Brad
35 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list