From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, release@g.o
Cc: azarah@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] baselayout broken for livecds
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:46:11
well, no one notified me of a release to test before
it went stable yesterday.  Anyhow, thought you all should be
aware that it doesn't work.  A preliminary look at the ebuild
itself shows these lines:

        use livecd &&
        exeinto /lib/rcscripts/sh

I am at a loss somewhat as to what it's trying to do, I assume
it's supposed to be

        use livecd && dosbin

instead. As /sbin/ was not on the resulting

Anyhow, I don't think I have any more time today to do testing
on this, so I have no idea if the rc-scripts that gets installed
works or not.  I know beejay said the patches against
that were provided to him by Azarah did NOT work, so if this includes
those same patches, I assume there is going to be even more work.
Anyhow, I'm not touching baselayout again, as I've already taken
enough heat off of it.

I am going to still recommend that those people who need to build
livecds make use of baselayout- that I had committed,
as it is the only one I know of that has been tested and verified
to work.