From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.2 planning
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 16:45:59
1 On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 09:32, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 07:29 -0400, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > * Releases are largely meaningless, comprised of nothing more than package
4 > > updates for GRP.
5 >
6 > Lets use 2004.x quarterly releases to perfect our GRP proceedure and get
7 > GRP online. Once we are at that point we can divorce GRP from liveCD
8 > releases if we need to.
9
10 Exactly what I was thinking when reading this thread. Just provide a
11 package+stages CD (or two) quarterly, and let them use a LiveCD from the
12 (biannual?) LiveCD release. From what I see, it appears that much of the
13 QA time goes into getting the LiveCDs working properly.
14 --
15 Donnie Berkholz
16 Gentoo Linux