From: Guy Martin <gmsoft@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: brad_mssw@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Livecd building with catalyst
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:59:43
1 On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:48:29 -0500 (EST)
2 "Brad House" <brad_mssw@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > no, no livecd support yet in catalyst. We just had a fairly
5 > major meeting last night on livecd/catalyst support, and work
6 > has just began on that portion of catalyst. If you want to be
7 > a really big help, you can test out the new rewrite of genkernel.
8
9 Ok I'll try when I'll have some time.
10
11 > It's not yet 100% complete, but definately usable. Also, if you
12 > could submit your arch-specific configs to the tree that would
13 > be great, as of right now, it only has x86 and x86_64 configs.
14
15 I guess you speak about kernel configs here. I never used genkernel but if
16 it use the livecd config for generating ppl's kernel, ppl will really have
17 ugly kernels :)
18
19 > There's a brief README which should tell you how to do it.
20 > GenKernel will be used internally in catalyst in order to build
21 > the kernel and initrd image(s).
22
23 I didn't read the readme yet but please if you create a livecd script, split
24 it in many function/subfunction which we could reimplement somewhere in a arch
25 specific file. And keep the opportunity to have simple loop or cloop file for
26 livecd. hppa 64bit kernel can't use gcloop yet due to compiler problems.
27
28 Ah yes, I just commited hppa specific files/changes to catalyst for stage
29 building. I copied hppa.py from ia64.py but it seems that ia64.py is b0rked
30 at line 18 : class arch_ia64(build.generic):
31 should be builder.generic I think.
34 > The location of the new genkernel is in CVS:
35 > gentoo/src/genkernel_bradmssw
36 >
37 > And it will become genkernel-3.0 when it is complete.
38 >
39 > -Brad
40 >
41 > --
42 > gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list
47 Guy Martin
48 Gentoo Linux - HPPA port Lead / IPv6 team
49 Lug Charleroi (Belgium)
52 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list