From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:08:49
On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 06:23, Brad House wrote:
> Ok, these are the necessary changes I've made to baselayout > for livecds. I've seperated the necessary scripts into a > /sbin/ to keep bloat out of and > rc. To summarize the changes, it reads 'cdroot' and 'console' off > the commandline, and it exports $CDBOOT if cdroot is set, and > spawns the proper getty (by rewriting inittab) as specified by > the console command line passed to the kernel (if none is passed, > default ttys are used, and uses auto-login). > > 2 patches here. > - 1 to baselayout's ebuild to make sure /sbin/ > is installed. > - 1 to rc-scripts to add livecd functionality. >
There are some fluff in baselayout ebuild not needed. I will let you know what after I have worked through it. Also, I still think we should have USE=livecd to even install livecd related scripts, etc - more after review.
> > TODO (in baselayout): > - autogen random password on boot, for security
I think the general idea is not to have a passwd with a livecd - just me though.
> - fix misc bootsplash stuff (not livecd related) >
Right. Did anybody yet fix the damn bootsplash ebuild to actually work with the new baselayout?
> PS: these fixes are very non-intrusive, please apply asap. >
I do not see the rush - all who is appropriate, can get things done for the time being, but I really want a few days to sit and sort through this. Thanks, -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds John Davis <zhen@g.o>
[gentoo-releng] Re: baselayout changes for livecds Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>