From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: azarah@g.o
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o, drobbins@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] baselayout changes for livecds
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 04:23:40
1 Ok, these are the necessary changes I've made to baselayout
2 for livecds. I've seperated the necessary scripts into a
3 /sbin/livecd-functions.sh to keep bloat out of functions.sh and
4 rc. To summarize the changes, it reads 'cdroot' and 'console' off
5 the commandline, and it exports $CDBOOT if cdroot is set, and
6 spawns the proper getty (by rewriting inittab) as specified by
7 the console command line passed to the kernel (if none is passed,
8 default ttys are used, and uses auto-login).
9
10 2 patches here.
11 - 1 to baselayout's ebuild to make sure /sbin/livecd-functions.sh
12 is installed.
13 - 1 to rc-scripts to add livecd functionality.
16 TODO (in baselayout):
17 - autogen random password on boot, for security
18 - fix misc bootsplash stuff (not livecd related)
19
20 PS: these fixes are very non-intrusive, please apply asap.
21
22 -Brad

baselayout-livecd.patch application/octet-stream
baselayout-rc-scripts-livecd.patch application/octet-stream