From: Ryan Fantus <stircrazzzy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Re: Call for future requests for 2008.0
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 18:17:16
It would be nice to see some of Apple's new intel hardware covered on
an installation LiveCD.  The one thing I'm referring to is the
following.  I'll just C/P from to show you what I'm
talking about.  It's on the newer MacBooks, the ones manufactured
after Nov 2007.  There is a networking problem that causes one to have
to install via a Ubuntu livecd, which is definately not a preferred
installation method.  It is as follows:

Only on NEW Macbooks manufactured after Nov 2007
The newer Models include a Marvell Network Controller that seems to be
not supported by the Kernel. (See lspci section for more info) Goto
[1], download the driver and follow the README to get it working.
Note: Support for the network card has been added in the 2.6.23-R3
Kernel. Just build 'SysKonnect Yukon2' into the kernel and all is

It is not possible to install to a MacBook with the Minimal CD, which
would be preferred.  Thanks.