From: tigger@g.o
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] catalyst livecd improvements
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 10:53:04
1 On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:03:30PM -0700, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 04:04, tigger@g.o wrote:
3 > > The runscript doesn't do livecd/unmerge or livecd/empty as far as I can
4 > > see. So stage2 is still needed. Let me know if I'm missing something.
5 >
6 > This is handled by the python code.
7
8 I'm well aware of that. However its only done if target=livecd-stage2.
9 Is this target now set outside of the specfile or something?
10
11 > > I added /var/ccache to cleanables so that it was deleted before creating
12 > > the livecd. Now someone has changed the catalyst code to sometimes put
13 > > ccache stuff in /root/.ccache, but they haven't added any code to clean
14 > > it up.
15 >
16 > catalyst puts the ccache dir inside /var in the chroot, and sets the
17 > CCACHE_DIR environment variable accordingly.
18
19 No, please read the code:
20
21 modules/targets.py: ccdir="/root/.ccache"
22
23 This directory is being created with cache stuff in it and is not being
24 cleaned up.
25
26 > Again, please don't make direct commits to the catalyst code. Thanks.
27
28 Then please respond to my pings on irc or my emails for once.
31 rob holland - [ tigger@g.o ]
32 irc://irc.freenode.net/#gentoo as tigger^
33 http://dev.gentoo.org/~tigger/tigger@××××××××××.asc