From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
Cc: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>, Gentoo-Releng <gentoo-releng@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:37:57
> 1) the right bash version of [ "$foo" == "" ] is [ -z "$foo" ], or that > is my opinion at least. The rest of baselayout uses this.
be my guest to change it. It was just for clarification for myself as I always mix up -z vs -n ... did that too many times.
> > 2) So now we have '/newroot', '/mnt/cdrom' and possibly '/mnt/livecd' > for older livecd scripts, or '/var/lib/livecd' for future. Basically, > can we really get this sorted out _now_ ? I am _not_ going to add > 20 tests.
/mnt/cdrom and /mnt/livecd will both be mounted at the SAME time. One for the cdrom itself, the other for the loopback. Don't worry about /var/lib/livecd for now.
> > 3) I still think shutting lvm down is the safer way for uses that uses > lvm at install. Anybody else want to comment on this? (Note I am not > saying to start it ...).
Well, as long as it's silent on shutdown if it doesn't find something to unmount/bind, I'm fine with that, otherwise we'll get a flurry of bug reports.
> > 4) I say this for the last time - If you commit to baselayout, you go > through _me_. If anybody took long to respond to patches or testing > there of, it was not me. You do not know if your changes could have > any more implications than you might see/think of. I do not see you > doing this with portage. I do not see me removing all the broken > 'ppc64' keywords (and breaking in on what you consider your domain)? > Questions?
dude, I took over -r4, and many people are using that for building livecds right now. I just updated what I already had. I didn't screw up anything else. Don't get your panties in a wad. I'm just doing what needs to be done to get stuff done without the bureaucracy of everything else. My ebuild is keyworded -*, and it was NOT committed to the rc-scripts CVS. Heck I even have RESTRICT="nomirror". Can't get much more harmless than that. Calm down dude, not touching a damn thing you had done. I tried to resign from doing any livecd work at all, but that's just not feasible apparently b/c stuff has to get done cut me some slack, I work a full-time job (more than fulltime actually) and I just don't have time to waste. -Brad -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>