From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature request for 2008.0
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:05:57
Mirosław Mieszczak wrote:
> That would be nice to see midnight commander on live-cd, as it allow quick > browsing over all directories, especially for new gentoo users (of course in > case if they don't use installer).
There already GUI file managers on the LiveCD.
> Second thing I would like to see just on live-cd is kernel module for reiser4 > (of course in that case it should be with adnotation that this particular fs > isn't supported by gentoo), there are many users who use this filesystem, and > all of them must prepare their own livecd to install, or to repair the > system.
No. (Do I have to say more? :P) You will see reiserfs4 support on the LiveCD when support for it is included upstream in the kernel. The gentoo-sources patchset doesn't (and never will) contain "experimental" features like that. -- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for feature request for 2008.0 "Mirosław Mieszczak" <mieszcz@×××××××××××××.pl>