From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo-Base-System <base-system@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:17:05
1 On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 17:04, Benjamin Judas wrote:
2
3 > Bugs:
4 > - Calculation of module dependencies fails at bootup
5
6 Anybody have a log?
7
8 > - selection of keymap not possible
9
10 We could add an alternative keymap script, that do that, and only
11 install with USE=livecd ... anybody got a template, etc to start
12 off?
13
14 > - Inability to halt/reboot (system just stops when all processes are
15 > shut-down)
16
17 Logs if possible?
18
19 > - Hardware-detection not included
22 Sure will be nifty, but I guess catalyst should just install appropriate
23 package and add to boot runlevel? Do not see any special handling, or
24 am I missing something?
27 As for 2.6 - think we can start to use module-init-tools as default for
28 ALL profiles, or is there ARCH issues I am not aware of? Should just
29 be needed to adjust the default virtual.
32 Thanks,
36 Martin Schlemmer
37 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
38 Cape Town, South Africa