From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:02:45
Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
> Is it really that nobody cares or is everybody just being lazy and > saying "yeah, that's good enough" when I intentionally didn't list lots > of things that I'd came up with when writing the original list. I > honestly don't know which it is here.
Do we know how many people actually use the software on the live media? Do they care if it's not 100% functional? <personal experience> When I install Gentoo, I'll use which ever live CD/DVD/USB I can find, if not, I'll download the minimal install CD and the only pieces of software I'll use is dhcpcd and a web browser to read the handbook. I'll occasionally use screen and ssh{,d} if the box is too far from my desk. So once you release a beta, that's what I'll be trying out first and foremost. But, wouldn't it be interesting to find out the usage patterns for our users before making a big list of things to check? Maybe not enough users do care to make it block QA and releng's time when making new releases.
> /me is confused
Don't be :) Cheers, Rémi -- gentoo-releng@l.g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] Checklists for testers and QA Markus Hauschild <hauschild.markus@××××××××××.com>