From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o, base-system@g.o, livewire@g.o, Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Call for developers for livecds / catalyst
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:46:14
1 > the question is, does baselayout already support this cd setup out of the
2 > box
3 > and the environment isnt being setup properly or does it need modification
4 > (like the custom stuff that used to be part of the livecd scripts being
5 > merged into our mainline) ?
6
7 indeed that is the question. I have found some references to $CDBOOT
8 and that var is definately not being set. I have just posted a baselayout
9 1.8.6.12-r4 that is KEYWORDed -*, so anyone testing needs to keyword it
10 for their arch, and add it as a dep to their livecd-stage1 spec file so
11 that it gets emerged into their base system. The only change so far is to
12 define $CDBOOT if 'cdroot' is on the kernel command line.
13
14 This -r4 release will not be committed until we have a complete livecd
15 patchset. And then, the patches will be cleaned up and committed properly
16 to gentoo-src/rc-scripts and rolled into an official -r4 release.
17
18 It's going to take quite a bit of testing, so anyone that has the ability
19 to should definately help out. Use e-mail as a way to coordinate the efforts
20 please.
21
22 -Brad
25 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list