From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] status of releng project
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 05:03:37
Rumors of my retirement are greatly exagerated (well, not that much). I did
retire, but I took it back, and now I'm just as active was I was previously!

Due to the mostly automated nature of releng these days, there's not much need
for this mailing list or the IRC channel to be "chatty".

On 08/07/2010 04:15 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
> All, > > I have noticed that this list and the gentoo-releng irc channel > have been dead for a very long time, and I remember seeing a post a > while back in which agaffney announced his retirement. Also there are > multiple bugs open on livecd-tools, and there has been no attempt to fix > them. > > I offered to join the team a while back, but was told there was no time > to train me. > > So, I am concerned about the releng project. What is it's status? Do > we have anyone who is in the project any longer? > > What about the maintenance of their tools? I see from the live ebuilds > that they are maintained on git repositories that are not part of > gentoo's infrastructure, and, in the case of livecd-tools, there have > been no changes since December of last year. > > Can someone respond to gentoo-releng and let us know the status of the > project? > > Thanks much, > > William >
-- Andrew Gaffney Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] status of releng project Eric Thibodeau <kyron@××××××××.com>