From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: trance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting summary
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:21:56

Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
| I hope to commit the latest ppc livecd code today.

cool :)

|> As soon as all code is in CVS, we will
|> start on creating a unified livecd script. Livewire and pvdabeel, you
|> will be in charge of this initiative.
| A unified livecd script or integrating livecd support into catalyst?

A little of both - we need to get a working livecd script, and then
integrate that into catalyst. Look in the targets dir of catalyst for
some examples. There is a script in there already, but it is
severely broken. What we need is a script that handles all arches and is
~ integrated into catalyst.

| Is dec 31 the final due date for integrating the livecd code or for
| making sure livecd building is stable? The first might be doable, I
| think a realistic eta for -tested- ppc livecd support would be 15th of
| january, taking into account holidays, christmas, newyear, exams, ...
| That is of course if I have to do everything myself.

Make sure livecd building is stable. 2004.0 is going to be built in its
entirety with catalyst, so we need a working tool to do it. The longer
we wait for catalyst, the longer we will have to put off 2004.0.
Catalyst integration is not hard to do, I am going to be working on it
full time after exams this week. Dec. 31 should not be a problem. Keep
in mind that genkernel integration is also due that day.

|> - -I would like to see all livecd and genkernel code in CVS by Friday,
|> December 12th. The sooner we get it in, the sooner we can start coding
|> it into catalyst.
| That should be no problem at all.

- --
John Davis
Gentoo Linux Developer

- ----
Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
change your world.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -