From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: trance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Meeting summary
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:21:56
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
5 |
6 | I hope to commit the latest ppc livecd code today.
7
8 cool :)
9
10 |
11 |> As soon as all code is in CVS, we will
12 |> start on creating a unified livecd script. Livewire and pvdabeel, you
13 |> will be in charge of this initiative.
14 |
15 |
16 | A unified livecd script or integrating livecd support into catalyst?
17
18 A little of both - we need to get a working livecd script, and then
19 integrate that into catalyst. Look in the targets dir of catalyst for
20 some examples. There is a livecd.sh script in there already, but it is
21 severely broken. What we need is a script that handles all arches and is
22 ~ integrated into catalyst.
23
24 | Is dec 31 the final due date for integrating the livecd code or for
25 | making sure livecd building is stable? The first might be doable, I
26 | think a realistic eta for -tested- ppc livecd support would be 15th of
27 | january, taking into account holidays, christmas, newyear, exams, ...
28 | That is of course if I have to do everything myself.
29 |
30
31 Make sure livecd building is stable. 2004.0 is going to be built in its
32 entirety with catalyst, so we need a working tool to do it. The longer
33 we wait for catalyst, the longer we will have to put off 2004.0.
34 Catalyst integration is not hard to do, I am going to be working on it
35 full time after exams this week. Dec. 31 should not be a problem. Keep
36 in mind that genkernel integration is also due that day.
37
38 |> - -I would like to see all livecd and genkernel code in CVS by Friday,
39 |> December 12th. The sooner we get it in, the sooner we can start coding
40 |> it into catalyst.
41 |
42 |
43 | That should be no problem at all.
44 |
45 Thanks!
46
47 Cheers,
48 //zhen
49 - --
50 John Davis
51 Gentoo Linux Developer
52 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
53
54 - ----
55 Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
56 change your world.
68 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list