From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Release Info (long and thorough)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:23:50
1 Hi all:
2 Okay, here goes some more information.
3
4 For LiveCDs, the layout will go as follows:
5 Currently, catalyst built LiveCDs have:
6 /isolinux
7 /rr-moved
8 /x86-isogen.sh
9 /zisofs (depends on the loopback you use)
10
11 rr-moved and x86-isogen.sh are going to go. I will start hacking on
12 catalyst to see if I can clean that up a bit. What we have to add now is
13 a README in the liveCD /, and the appropriate docs dirs, so the liveCD
14 will now look like this:
15
16 /README
17 /docs/{release-notes/{html/txt},handbook/{html,txt}}
18 /isolinux
19 /rr-moved
20 /snapshots
21 /stages
22 /x86-isogen.sh
23 /zisofs (depends on the loopback you use)
24
25 Remember to get your release notes prepared and posted on the web.
26 Release notes are posted to the web under the releng project:
27
28 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2004.0/arch/relnotes.xml>
29
30 Bug me for commit access.
31
32 Next, I need some information on what arch is doing what. From what I
33 know, these arches are doing to following for 2004.0:
34
35 x86: stages, LiveCD, snapshot, GRP
36 ppc: stages, LiveCD, snapshot, GRP
37 sparc: stages, LiveCD, snapshot GRP
38 MIPS: stages, snapshot
39 hardened: stages, snapshot, GRP
40
41 If I am wrong in anything above, please mail me ASAP so I can get swift
42 the documentation that he needs.
43
44 Next, I am going to paste directly from swift so that we can get this
45 all answered:
46
47 - What options are available when the new LiveCD boots? kernel and
48 parameters.
49 - Will keymap selection be integrated in the boot-process and if so, how?
50 - Is LVM2 and EVMS supported ?
51 - What kernel sources will be available on the 2-CD LiveCD set?
52 - What architectures does genkernel support currently?
53
54 Other than that, please just keep me abreast of what is going on.
55
56 Cheers,
57 //John
60 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list