From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Release Info (long and thorough)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:23:50
Hi all:
Okay, here goes some more information.

For LiveCDs, the layout will go as follows:
Currently, catalyst built LiveCDs have:
/zisofs (depends on the loopback you use)

rr-moved and are going to go. I will start hacking on
catalyst to see if I can clean that up a bit. What we have to add now is
  a README in the liveCD /, and the appropriate docs dirs, so the liveCD
will now look like this:

/zisofs (depends on the loopback you use)

Remember to get your release notes prepared and posted on the web.
Release notes are posted to the web under the releng project:

Bug me for commit access.

Next, I need some information on what arch is doing what. From what I
know, these arches are doing to following for 2004.0:

x86: stages, LiveCD, snapshot, GRP
ppc: stages, LiveCD, snapshot, GRP
sparc: stages, LiveCD, snapshot GRP
MIPS: stages, snapshot
hardened: stages, snapshot, GRP

If I am wrong in anything above, please mail me ASAP so I can get swift
the documentation that he needs.

Next, I am going to paste directly from swift so that we can get this
all answered:

- What options are available when the new LiveCD boots? kernel and
- Will keymap selection be integrated in the boot-process and if so, how?
- Is LVM2 and EVMS supported ?
- What kernel sources will be available on the 2-CD LiveCD set?
- What architectures does genkernel support currently?

Other than that, please just keep me abreast of what is going on.