From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] catalyst bugs?
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:08:30
Not sure if I've hit two bugs here or not (I suspect they're bugs).

First one; I'm giving a shot at mips grp builds with a limited set of
packages, so I follow the guide and do something similar to this in my
grp spec file:

grp: cd1

grp/cd1/type: pkgset

I specify my packages, and save the file, exit, and attempt to invoke
catalyst.  Then I get this:

# ./catalyst -f mips4-grp-20040210.spec
Setting storedir to config file value "/usr/catalyst"
Setting portdir to default value "/usr/portage"
Setting distdir to config file value "/usr/portage/distfiles"
Setting options to config file value "pkgcache ccache"
Setting sharedir to config file value "/usr/catalyst"
Compiler cache support enabled.
Package cache support enabled.

catalyst: Required argument "grp/c/packages" not specified.

It looks like to me that the parsing code is not separating on
spaces/whitespace, but is instead grabbing only the first character.

Second Bug;  Skipping around the first bug above by changing all
instances of "cd1" to just "1", I was able to continue onwards -- a
little.  GRP started to compile a few things, it got as far as merging
portage in the chroot and then died with this:

 >>> Auto-cleaning packages ...

 >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.

  * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
/bin/bash: line 46: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
/bin/bash: line 49: syntax error: unexpected end of file

catalyst: GRP build aborting due to error.

I suspect that catalyst invoked an external bash script for this stage
of grp building, but I do not know the internals of catalyst too well.
I suspect this external bash script has issues that need to be addressed.

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
elsewhere."  --Elrond