From: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@g.o
Cc: gmsoft@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Livecd building with catalyst
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:32:44
no, no livecd support yet in catalyst.  We just had a fairly
major meeting last night on livecd/catalyst support, and work
has just began on that portion of catalyst.  If you want to be
a really big help, you can test out the new rewrite of genkernel.
It's not yet 100% complete, but definately usable.  Also, if you
could submit your arch-specific configs to the tree that would
be great, as of right now, it only has x86 and x86_64 configs.
There's a brief README which should tell you how to do it.
GenKernel will be used internally in catalyst in order to build
the kernel and initrd image(s).

The location of the new genkernel is in CVS:

And it will become genkernel-3.0 when it is complete.