From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Re: Checklists for testers and QA
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:00:16
On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 09:49 +0100, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
> * Did you try a lot of the software on the live CD/DVD? Did they work > fine?
This is good, but I'd prefer we list specific pieces of software, since the CD/DVD is also used for networkless installs, the software needs to work on the CD/DVD for it to work on their machines.
> * Are all links on the desktop working (terminal, Handbook etc.)?
Good one. Thanks!
> * Was splash image displayed correctly?
I'll add this one if we have a splash. Current catalyst/genkernel doesn't really support the new splash stuff properly, so I'll either need to hack in the code for it in a very short time, or I'll need to drop the splash. I'm definitely going to dump it for the minimal CD, if only to reduce space usage further. Thanks for the ideas! -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Games Developer