From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] 2004.1 updates
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 03:58:42
1 Hi all -
2 Hopefully your week has gone well. I would have mailed an update
3 earlier, but my school managed to break their exchange (ugh) server
4 which in turn destroyed my school mail account.
5
6 Progress on 2004.1 is going well. The 2004.1 homepage, where any and all
7 information regarding 2004.1 can be found, is online at
8 <http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2004.1/releng/2004.1.xml>.
9 I advise the arch release coordinators to carefully review that page, as
10 well as the 2004.1 feature request list
11 (<http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/release/2004.1/releng/feature-request.xml>), as both documents set both the goals and vision for 2004.1.
12
13 The much anticipated Release Guidelines are in development and will be
14 posted to both the web and -releng very soon.
15
16 2004.1 is not that far off (April 28th tentatively), so there are some
17 things that arch release coordinators might want to start doing. I would
18 recommend getting a release test cycle in place where (at the very
19 least) stages and LiveCDs are rebuilt at a regular interval so that bugs
20 can be identified and addressed. Two of the main goals for 2004.1, as
21 mentioned on the 2004.1 homepage, are to be high quality and relatively
22 stress free. Good QA processes are one of the first steps that can be
23 taken to achieve these goals.
24
25 Next, stackable profiles are on the way. The goal of this feature is to
26 remove the bloat from profiles and in the process create a much more
27 intuitive system. Bug seemant about the profiles for your arch.
28
29 If there are any questions or concerns, you know where to find me ;)
30
31 Cheers,
32 //zhen
35 John Davis
36 Gentoo Linux Developer
37 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
38
39 ----
40 GnuPG Public Key: <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen/zhen_pub.asc>
41 Fingerprint: 2364 71BD 4BC2 705D F338 FF70 6650 1235 1946 2D47