From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] firewall support in genkernel
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:23:32
1 On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 16:00 +0200, Michiel de Bruijne wrote:
2 > On Monday 23 October 2006 14:17, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > What would be best is if it looked for x.y.z first, then fell back to
4 > > x.y, in the case of us not being as fast with the config as the kernel
5 > > team with the kernel. ;]
6 > >
7 > > Another thing to realize is that while I will apply new configs/patches,
8 > > I'm not planning on making a genkernel release for changes as minor as a
9 > > new config. What I would suggest is that we make the "2.4" and "2.6"
10 > > configs be equal to the latest config, with the x.y.z being preferred,
11 > > if it exists. That way, when a new kernel comes out, it will start out
12 > > using the last good config, until it gets updated with its own x.y.z
13 > > config.
14 >
15 > Ok, do you want patches againt 3.4.2?
16
17 3.4.3, actually...
18
19 I just added it this morning and it currently matches SVN, for the most
20 part. You can also check
21 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/genkernel/trunk/ to see what the
22 current SVN status is. I did update the kernel sources today to add
23 lm_sensors and AGP/DRM support.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
28 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
29 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
30 Gentoo Foundation