From: John Davis <zhen@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2004.0 Reminders
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:45:49
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Guy Martin wrote:
5 | On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:25:03 -0500
6 | John Davis <zhen@g.o> wrote:
7 |
8 |
9 |>- -If you have not already, please get your kernel .configs for both 2.4
10 |>and 2.6 (if possible) to drobbins and brad_mssw *IMMEDIATELY*. We need
11 |>those .configs to make livecds.
12 |
13 |
14 | I just finisehd to port genkernel on hppa but I only did it for 32 bit
15 2.4 kernels. I'll need more time to create a 2.6 config because it still
16 really unstable on parisc (i.e. scsi drivers b0rked). For 64 bit kernels
17 (some box require it) there is more work to do. I just integrated a
18 64bit toolchain into portage which need a little testing (I think SpanKY
19 is testing it). 2.4 64bit kernel config is done but still need to be
20 ported into genkernel (issues with insmod and so on). Also, I'll have to
21 work with lu_zero to port gcloop for 64bit.
22 |
23 |
24 |>- -Test week starts the 7th. We are still on track to make 2004.0 by the
25 |>22nd, so start thinking about snapping the portage tree and getting your
26 |>testing started. Check the releng page for all essential parts that are
27 |>needed to constitute a release (portage snap, relnotes, stages, grp, etc).
28 |
29 |
30 | I consider the actual portage really stable for hppa. I've done all I
31 can do to have it up to date. Btw, I'm in exams now. That means that
32 I'll not be able to work on this until Jan 16 but most part of the job
33 is done. I got portages snap, stages, grp, all in testing phase. I'll
34 need to rebuild everything because of some bugs fixed and portage which
35 have been updated in the meantime. This takes 3-4 days or perhaps more
36 if I add kde to grp.
37 |
38 |
39 |>- -Arch leads, please mail me a status report on how things are going.
40 |
41 |
42 | Do you need to know anything else ?
43 |
44
45 Guy -
46 That should be fine :) Like I said to Kumba, don't kill yourself for
47 2.6. If it is not stable, then don't release it. You can always follow
48 up w/ 2.6 in 2004.1. As for gcloop, last time I heard we are not using
49 it this release on our livecds, so don't kill yourself on that either.
50
51 Cheers,
52 //zhen
53
54 BTW - What's happening over in x86, PPC, and SPARC land?
55
56 - --
57 John Davis
58 Gentoo Linux Developer
59 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~zhen>
60
61 - ----
62 Knowledge can be more terrible than ignorance if you're powerless to
63 change your world.
75 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list