From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-releng] Catalyst and CVS
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 17:50:43
1 Good afternoon gentlemen...
2
3 I am working to get a complete set of spec files into CVS so that we can
4 build a release-specs package and add it to the portage tree.
5
6 I still need kernels from hppa, ppc, and ppc64 to be added to
7 gentoo/src/releng/kconfig/2004.3.
8
9 I also need spec files from hppa, ppc, and ppc64 to be added to
10 gentoo/src/releng/specs/2004.3.
11
12 Kernel config files should be named as following:
13
14 2.4.27-sparc64-up.config
15 ^ ^ ^
16 ^ ^ identifier (should match the name used in
17 livecd-stage2)
18 ^ subarch (if required)
19 kernel version
20
21 The specs should be named as following:
22
23 stage1.spec
24 livecd-stage1.spec
25 livecd-stage2-minimal.spec
26
27 There should be a separate spec file for each LiveCD type. Any
28 sub-arches should be added underneath the primary architecture. For
29 example, in the x86 folder, there are stage1, stage2, stage3, etc.
30 Underneath the x86 folder is an i686 folder. It has its own stage2 and
31 stage3 files, since those were created for the release. For
32 architectures such as sparc, where there is no "primary arch", then each
33 set of spec files should be underneath the sub-arch folders.
34
35 Look at the examples in CVS if you have any questions or ask me
36 directly.
37
38 I plan on having a package for the release done shortly.
39
40 For 2005.0, I want to have all of these spec files in CVS before the
41 release date, so it can be added to portage at the same time as the
42 release has the bit flipped.
45 Chris Gianelloni
46 Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager
47 Games - Developer
48 Gentoo Linux