From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Resurrecting the seeds project
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:50:07
1 Aniruddha wrote:
2 > Andrew Gaffney wrote:
3 >> Guys, not to be a buzzkill, but this is offtopic for this list since
4 >> it's not related to Gentoo Release Engineering. Please take this
5 >> conversation somewhere else.
8 > Ok, no problem. Although I would like to hear what the Release
9 > Engineering members think of resurrecting the seeds project :-) .
10
11 We (or at least I) really don't care, since Stuart didn't want to have anything
12 to do with Release Engineering the first time around. But, I have no intention
13 of bringing that old debate back up, again.
14
15 You guys are free to build whatever you want, but it will never be hosted and/or
16 endorsed by Gentoo unless we (be it Gentoo in general or releng specifically)
17 build it and have a say-so in how it's operated. This policy is nothing
18 "special" for seeds. The same applies to "random" CDs and other media built by
19 users.
22 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
24 --
25 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list