From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:11:45
On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 17:52, Brad House wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 10:20, Brad House wrote: > >> Attached is a patch based of yours that is tested and works fine. > >> This applies against your -r5 rc-scripts > >> > > > > Are we sure we do not want lvm, etc setup? > > > > well, for someone without LVM it seems as though it just pops up > errors, which will tend to provide a crapload of bug reports. > We're still providing utilities, etc, so someone can manually specify > vgscan and vgchange. If you have a way to prevent it from popping > up the errors (and I don't remember what the errors were, just that > they were annoying), and still keep the LVM detection stuff, that > would be fine.
I am not very familiar with raid/lvm, so was not sure. I assume without lvmtab and raidtab, it means nothing anyhow?. Thanks, -- Martin Schlemmer Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer Cape Town, South Africa

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>