From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Brad House <brad_mssw@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] x86-livecd - bugs and suggestions
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:11:45
1 On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 17:52, Brad House wrote:
2 > > On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 10:20, Brad House wrote:
3 > >> Attached is a patch based of yours that is tested and works fine.
4 > >> This applies against your -r5 rc-scripts
5 > >>
6 > >
7 > > Are we sure we do not want lvm, etc setup?
10 > well, for someone without LVM it seems as though it just pops up
11 > errors, which will tend to provide a crapload of bug reports.
12 > We're still providing utilities, etc, so someone can manually specify
13 > vgscan and vgchange. If you have a way to prevent it from popping
14 > up the errors (and I don't remember what the errors were, just that
15 > they were annoying), and still keep the LVM detection stuff, that
16 > would be fine.
17
18 I am not very familiar with raid/lvm, so was not sure. I assume without
19 lvmtab and raidtab, it means nothing anyhow?.
22 Thanks,
26 Martin Schlemmer
27 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
28 Cape Town, South Africa