From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] Autobuilds go to /experimental and to /releases only when someone actually tests them?
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 12:22:16
1 On 07/26/2013 12:24 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > Can we make autobuilds go to /experimental and then only move them to
3 > /releases when someone actually tests them?
4 >
5 > Looking at bugzilla and listening in #gentoo-releng, it's kind of
6 > embarrassing how often someone downloads a Live CD only to find out
7 > that networking is totally broken by a udev upgrade, or something to
8 > that effect.
9 >
10 > We don't commit version bumps straight to stable; I don't see why we
11 > do with release media.
12 >
13 > Matt
16 Matt, I assume you are talking about the stages that normally go
17 directly to /releases. All of the stages I work on stay in /experimental.
18
19 --Tony
22 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
23 Chair of Information Technology