From: Yuri Gagarin <zthg4821@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2007.0 snapshot tracker restricted?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:21:15
1 On 3/16/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 > All it means is that the packages that we build are tested to build and
3 > work together in the default configuration.
4
5 [snip]
6
7 > What do you gain by waiting for a release/release snapshot?
8 >
9 > - Knowing that GNOME/KDE/XFCE/etc build/run with default USE
10 > - Knowing the stages build from stage1 with the default USE
11 >
12 > That's really all you gain. We make absolutely no assurances to the
13 > quality of any packages beyond default USE, or beyond the shipped
14 > package list.
15
16 I see, that's substantially less assurances than I believed the
17 releases provided.
18
19 It still seems like it could be a slight advantage over other
20 deployment options for my purposes however. I'll most likely be using
21 default settings for the base installations -- bare minimal will
22 suffice until I get around to customization (and potential borkage) of
23 individual machines.
24
25 Thanks for clarifying on the tracker issue. That just leaves me with
26 one question: Are you able to give us a more fine-grained ETA than
27 "March" for the 2007.0 release yet?
28 --
29 gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list