From: Yuri Gagarin <zthg4821@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-releng@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-releng] 2007.0 snapshot tracker restricted?
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:21:15
On 3/16/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
> All it means is that the packages that we build are tested to build and > work together in the default configuration.
> What do you gain by waiting for a release/release snapshot? > > - Knowing that GNOME/KDE/XFCE/etc build/run with default USE > - Knowing the stages build from stage1 with the default USE > > That's really all you gain. We make absolutely no assurances to the > quality of any packages beyond default USE, or beyond the shipped > package list.
I see, that's substantially less assurances than I believed the releases provided. It still seems like it could be a slight advantage over other deployment options for my purposes however. I'll most likely be using default settings for the base installations -- bare minimal will suffice until I get around to customization (and potential borkage) of individual machines. Thanks for clarifying on the tracker issue. That just leaves me with one question: Are you able to give us a more fine-grained ETA than "March" for the 2007.0 release yet? -- gentoo-releng@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-releng] 2007.0 snapshot tracker restricted? Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>