From: Rafael Goncalves Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [GSoC] g-Octave
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 05:23:21
Hi folks,

As some of you guys should know, I'm Rafael Martins, a brazilian student
working for Gentoo in the Google Summer of Code.

My project is g-Octave (Improve the Octave/Matlab support), and I'm almost
done with the release of the version 0.2, that comes with support for the
installation of packages from the octave-forge SVN repository and scripts to
create new package databases for the stable versions, using the SVN history
(octave-forge no more ships a big tarball with the latest stable version of
all the packages).

At this point I'm fixing some broken stuff that resulted from the
implementation of the SVN support, testing and writing some documentation.
The new version should be out in a day or two.

On the other hand, my mentor (Calchan) is having some problems in the personal
side and I'm without a primary mentor until the fellow GSoC admins find
another to me. In the next days I'll ask here for sugestions about my project
and more details about what is done and the plans for the future.

Thanks.

--
Rafael Goncalves Martins
http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/