From: "Adam Piątyszek" <ediap@×××××××××××××.PL>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [Fwd: [atlas-devel] 3.7.15]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:07:10
1 Subject: [atlas-devel] 3.7.15
2 Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:26:16 -0500
3 From: Clint Whaley <whaley@×××××××.edu>
4 To: math-atlas-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
5
6 Guys,
7
8 OK, 3.7.15 is out. Here's the ChangeLog:
9 ATLAS 3.7.15 released 08/22/06, changes from 3.7.14:
10 * New x87 kernel that achieves over 90% of peak for double precision
11 Opteron/Athlon-64. Gemm runs at roughly same speed as old SSE kernel,
12 but LU and Cholesky actually get a speedup. The fp stack usage
13 of this kernel was suggested by the new gcc.
14 - New arch defaults for HAMMER64SSE[2,3]
15 * Modified ILEANV so small problems aren't told to use the full ATLAS NB.
16 * Fixed error in mmsearch.c that often caused complex performance to be
17 misreported
18 * Fixes/updates to ATLAS config system:
19 - Added support for DESTDIR system on install target as in gnu
20 - Made config kill any genned core and object files after run
21 - Made "make build" delete all config executables
22 - Added --nof77 to configure
23 - Added "make check" as sanity test instead of "make test"
24 + If --nof77 has been thrown, "make check" only calls C interface
25 testers
26 - Added probe for 3DNow, merged 3DNow 1 & 2.
27
28 This week classes begin, so I may be a little slow to respond, but I will
29 continue working on ATLAS as I find the time, so progress will not come
30 to a screeching halt (fortunately, I'm teaching the same course this semester
31 as last year, which should be a big help) . . .
32
33 Cheers,
34 Clint
35