From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: sci@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:55:50
1 Hi,
2
3 I would like to propose the addition of a new category - sci-vis. The category
4 is intended for scientific visualisation tools. Many of these are currently
5 in media-gfx and I don't think they belong with photo editors, image
6 conversion tools etc. The category is quite big already and most of the
7 ebuilds in there are maintained by quite different herds.
8
9 Looking through the tree these are the apps I think should be moved to
10 sci-vis:
11
12 media-gfx/epix
13 media-gfx/fig2sxd
14 media-gfx/gnuplot
15 media-gfx/grace
16 media-gfx/kpl
17 media-gfx/labplot
18 media-gfx/opendx
19 media-gfx/opendx-samples
20 media-gfx/qmatplot
21 media-gfx/quickplot
22 media-gfx/scigraphica
23 media-gfx/spectromatic
24 media-gfx/xd3d
25 media-gfx/xgraph
26 sci-misc/gwyddion
27 sci-mathematics/qtiplot
28
29 There could be others I have missed, and there are certainly more that I can
30 see in bugzilla that will be added. I would appreciate feedback on this. If
31 everyone is in agreement then I will make this proposal on the gentoo-dev
32 list.
33
34 Thanks,
35