From: "Adam Piątyszek" <ediap@×××××××××××××.PL>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Testing with GCC 4
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 08:37:17
1 * Donnie Berkholz [2006-05-29 10:26]:
2 > This problem should only happen when you first use the eselect version,
3 > then switch back to the *-config version, then switch to the eselect
4 > version again. I don't consider it a real bug, because of this.
5 >
6 > The deal is that /etc/env.d/lapack/config will specify the
7 > CURRENT="$foo" setting, but it can't know about how things are set up
8 > using *-config rather than the eselect modules.
9
10 So, it seems that the new eselect tool is not backward compatible with
11 previous approaches, which is in my opinion not a good idea. A user might
12 have mixed x86 and ~x86 packages installed and therefore some of them uses
13 old *-config scripts and others your new eselect tool. In such a situation
14 there is no convenient method to switch between libraries...
15
16 That is of course my point of view, from the user's perspective.
17
18 BR,
19 /ediap