From: Holger Peters <mailanholgerpeters@×××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:52:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I've been looking for a vector field visualizating program for quite
4 some time know. Do you know one?
5
6 Holger
9 Am Sonntag, den 27.11.2005, 20:53 +0000 schrieb Marcus D. Hanwell:
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > I would like to propose the addition of a new category - sci-vis. The category
13 > is intended for scientific visualisation tools. Many of these are currently
14 > in media-gfx and I don't think they belong with photo editors, image
15 > conversion tools etc. The category is quite big already and most of the
16 > ebuilds in there are maintained by quite different herds.
17 >
18 > Looking through the tree these are the apps I think should be moved to
19 > sci-vis:
20 >
21 > media-gfx/epix
22 > media-gfx/fig2sxd
23 > media-gfx/gnuplot
24 > media-gfx/grace
25 > media-gfx/kpl
26 > media-gfx/labplot
27 > media-gfx/opendx
28 > media-gfx/opendx-samples
29 > media-gfx/qmatplot
30 > media-gfx/quickplot
31 > media-gfx/scigraphica
32 > media-gfx/spectromatic
33 > media-gfx/xd3d
34 > media-gfx/xgraph
35 > sci-misc/gwyddion
36 > sci-mathematics/qtiplot
37 >
38 > There could be others I have missed, and there are certainly more that I can
39 > see in bugzilla that will be added. I would appreciate feedback on this. If
40 > everyone is in agreement then I will make this proposal on the gentoo-dev
41 > list.
42 >
43 > Thanks,
44 >