From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage -> numpy -> lapack
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 10:30:33
1 > On 06/30/2010 10:51 AM, François Bissey wrote:
2 > >> Hi,
3 > >>
4 > >> The way that sage depends on lapack and numpy is broken at the moment.
5 > >> Can somebody look at bug 320669 ?
6 > >> At least here on x86 it is not possible to get a working sage at the
7 > >> moment. Let me know if there is anything I can test or do.
8 > >
9 > > this is a bit more subtle than that Thomas. I have 2 x86 machines,
10 > > one with problems and one without. Christopher doesn't have problems
11 > > on his x86 machine either.
12 > > Why is this bug not affecting amd64?
13 >
14 > Now I'm curious about lapack and friends. It seems that atlas is the
15 > current way to go for sage, but I found that in various places
16 > "reference" is eselected on my system.
17 > Can somebody with a working system post a list of which implementations
18 > should be eselected for which package?
19 > Maybe someone should update this here too:
20 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/science/blas-lapack.xml
21 >
22 After checking there is currently only one place where we have made a
23 hard requirement on atlas and that is in sage-core where we ask for
24 lapack-atlas. I have removed the code eselecting lapack-atlas a few days
25 ago. If you can test that everything build with reference (you may have to
26 edit the ebuild) I may make that dependency into virtual/lapack instead.
27 Have you built linbox with blas/cblas/lapack reference as well?
28
29 Cheers,
30 Francois