From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] How to use glpk-4.50
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:28:05
1 On 06/25/2013 12:16 AM, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
2 > Quoting Sébastien Fabbro <bicatali@g.o>:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
5 >>>> it is masked.
6 >>>
7 >>> ... and that is irrelavant from a dev perspective. People report bugs
8 >>> and we have to come up with solutions. The mask just makes the problem
9 >>> less urgent.
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> we do not have to come up with solutions for glpk api breaks. i could
13 >> have simply not bump glpk in the tree and there will be no bugs.
14 >> masking or subslot dependencies is what we can do without diving into
15 >> upstream code. obviously patches are welcome.
16 >
17 > Looking at 4ti2 in particular, that's a substantial amount of code. If you
18 > fix it, that would pretty much get you ownership of it, but I see you
19 > already
20 > have a fork on github with a few commits, Thomas.
21
22 I was working on a different part of the code though.
23
24 > So you are after glpk documentation on how to migrate? I haven't seen
25 > anything
26 > useful on glpk's mailing list but it wouldn't hurt to ask there.
27
28 Yes, a migration guide would be useful, but then again, I'm not
29 interested in investing too much time into this.
30
31 Cheers,
32 Thomas
35 Thomas Kahle