From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 08:03:55
1 On 07/02/12 18:24, Sébastien Fabbro wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science overlay
5 > to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the
6 > advantages we would like to
7 > get:
8 > 1. easier to contribute
9 > 2. specific issue tracker
10 > 3. wiki
11 >
12 > Please voice your concerns or ideas.
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15
16 Hi,
17
18 I only support the switch, if we have the official overlay on gentoo
19 hosting which is regularly synced, one or two way.
20 What I like is the easy possibility for contribution through the fork -
21 merge request feature of github. And you are right, we already can do
22 this now, but it is much easier through github.
23 Who knows how the automated sync works?
24
25 justin