From: Cruz Enrique Borges <cruz.borges@××××××.es>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Installing SPSS in gentoo linux
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:57:01
On Wednesday 21 September 2011 10:40:47 Neil Shephard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Cruz Enrique Borges > <cruz.borges@××××××.es> wrote: > > Hello > > > > I was wondering if I can install SPSS in gentoo linux. I personally use R but > > my brother don't have the skill to manage in a command line enviorment. > > He has tryed rk-ward and PSPP and don't fell confortable enought so he wants > > to try with the spss linux port. > > > > Have anyone manage to install it? I have google for an ebuild or a how-to > > without luck and I will trying to download the package right now. > > SPSS is licensed software so you'll have to ensure you have one. > Never installed before, but I'd imagine it comes packaged with an > installer (or as an RPM) and I'd be inclined to install locally into > users home directory (e.g. ~/bin). Not a very clean/gentoo approach, > but I doubt it warrants writing an ebuild.
I have managed to install MAPLE before that way. I hope it will be the same. I suppose the University where he works have licenses (at least for the windows version...). Anyway I will use the trial version to test.
> You might want to consider some of the R GUI's such as... > > R Commander > RGNumeric > > ...and others detailed at
As I was told he has tryed but did not find confortable with anyone. Thanks for the quick reply!
> Neil >
-- Cruz Enrique Borges Hernández Email: cruz.borges@××××××.es DeustoTech Energy Telefono: 944139000 ext.2052 Avda. Universidades, 24 48007 Bilbao, Spain

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] Installing SPSS in gentoo linux Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>